Music boxes

Music boxes
Music boxes have within melodies they carry in them, once they're open music feels the air;
Every person you have known has a song of their own, once they open up you'll hear whats there;
Every person longs to find who they are deep inside, every person yearns to know their place..."

Saturday, February 25, 2006

On "friendship"

Unstopable dreamer


My friend doesn't live next door to me. She doesn't pop in just to say hi or to borrow a cup of sugar. She doesn't come to my house to sit a while and just talk about everything or nothing at all.
My friend doesn't call me daily; she doesn't send me halmark cards every week saying how much she misses me and how much she'd like to be with me. Heck, she doesn't write to me at all. She doesn't tell me of her daily little frustrations and moments of joy that come with motherhood, or even womanhood for that matter. She doesn't call to ask for a recipe when she's planning a special dinner; she doesn't go to the movies with me or joins me to jog in the morning; she never comes to see me when I'm going through my most difficult trials in life.
But somehow, she's always with me.

My friend thinks of me daily; she prays for me when she kneels at night. She knows when I'm sad, she know when I'm happy; she knows when I need her the most.
My friend sends friendship vibes through her heart. She cheers me up when I'm down; she let's me know when I'm wrong; she listens to my many ramblings and complaints; she's wise without measure; she counsels me when I'm lost; she lets me know she loves me. My friend understands. My friend believes. My friend sees through my imperfections. My friend thinks I can conquer. My friend knows what I can become. My friend is my number one fan. She's my example. she's my hero. She's all I want to be when I grow up.

Our friendship was formed in Heaven and lives inside our hearts. If I never see her in this life, or if computers, telephones and the postal service cease to exist, I will never love her less, and I will always think of her everyday, and she will always be here for me.

'cause she's my friend.

1 comment:

Millionaira said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!