Music boxes

Music boxes
Music boxes have within melodies they carry in them, once they're open music feels the air;
Every person you have known has a song of their own, once they open up you'll hear whats there;
Every person longs to find who they are deep inside, every person yearns to know their place..."

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How many mes are in me?

I've been thinking about how others perceive me lately. Me. What am I made of? "sugar and spice, and something nice"... a dash of magic dust and a mole here and there... a funny bone cause "funny things are everywhere"...

I think I'm the same person I was twenty years ago. I really do. Now, of course I go through seasons, like everyone. More than four, I've got to admit. Maybe... let's see... Early Summer, Summer, peak Summer, late Summer, early Fall... I guess that would made sixteen seasons. That's more like it!
But the essence, the true color, remains the same. I'm not sixteen different mes. I'm Bela. And I wonder how many people truly know me as such. I like adventure. I crave laughter. I love life and nature. I live to see my kids smile. And I need friends. I love to feel with my feet. The thick grass, the sand on the beach, the warm water in the shower, the cobblestones in European streets, the ice cold ocean on New Year's Eve. And let me tell you, it WAS cold.... but still good for a swim and run. I guess that's it, I like to feel. Warm, cold, prickly or smooth. I hate numbness. I guess I can say I'm passionate about... pretty much everything. Not that I like to pick a fight.... but there's always more than an angle to be looked at when placed with certainties.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what I'm talking about here, what's the theme of this inner conversation; seems like it's going everywhere and nowhere at all. But surely it will get somewhere. Let's hope.

I mostly want to move mountains. What's so wrong about wanting that? And yes, fly too. If I believe it, why can't I?
"Fly away home" is a book I still keep as a favorite. At age 2, my daughter could recite it, page by page, as if she could read it. Maybe she could... I guess I read it to her so many times, she not only memorized the words, but could recognize each one of them. She's 12 now and is a bookworm. And I'm glad. she's flying.

"And will you succeed? Yes, you will, indeed! 98and 3/4% guaranteed!
 Kid, you'll move mountains."

(and who am I to doubt Dr. Seuss?)

4 comments:

Daniel Asar said...

very interesting, ciao

Jocelyn Joseph said...

That's really interesting. I could connect to you. Glad I came across this. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the words relate to reluctant feelings

The Black Crow's Nest said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM25ux0rlx0

I read this blog and this song came to mind. Keep dreaming. <3