Music boxes

Music boxes
Music boxes have within melodies they carry in them, once they're open music feels the air;
Every person you have known has a song of their own, once they open up you'll hear whats there;
Every person longs to find who they are deep inside, every person yearns to know their place..."

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Getting along...

Think family. Then friends. Then society. Then the whole world.
There's too many of us. And too many means many ideas, many atitudes, many opinions, many points of view. But we need to get along; we've got to get a long. We need to accept that we are all different, do things different ways, and many a time, we'll bump into each other and step on each other's toes and get hurt. I need to accept different atitudes and get rid of my pride. We are all brothers and sisters.
I know, cheesy as cheese can be, but in the end, it's the truth.

Growing up with a brother and three older sisters was quite an adventure. If I think hard, I'll remember the time we argued; the times I'd yell and lock myself in the room, the times I cried because I tought I had no one that understood me. But I really have to think extra hard to remember those days, and I'm sure that there are more that I completly let out my heart and mind. When I think back into my childhood, I remember smiles; I remember giving; I remember playing. I remember covering up for my sister so mom wouldn't know that she broke the lamp; I remember laughing so hard that we cried, and laughing so hard that made my sis pee in her pants. I won't say which sister, so she won't hit me. But it was quite funny. I remember standind together in a secret present for mom, and standing together when the other was sad. I remember hugs. And kisses. And mushy poems as a sad attempt to describe my love for them. We were all so different, but we did get along. We had to. And to this day, we smile big and heartwarmed when we see each other, it makes us happy to be together, to laugh, to argue (yeah, still do that), to share, to cry, to love.

The secret of getting along?

Tolerance. 

And yet I need to be constantly reminded that we, as in a big world family, need to work on the same level as we work with our blood family.

This Christmas I want to learn to love again; I want a new perspective of things; I want to develop more tolerance, I want to love better, serve better, be better. Those things I'll put on my Christmas list... and I know that if I'm good, "Santa" will grant them to me. And I will be a better sister, a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter, a better neighbor, a better friend.

Wait and see.

I believe.








No comments: